My Blog Revamp Game Plan

 

This blog needs a new name, look and feel, and that has been my plan ever since the time I realized that I need to step up my game more in blogging.

As I was visiting blogs and observing them as I went along with it, I saw that I need to change some things around here on mine. I had some flaws that I need to fix. Also, I received some negative feedback regarding my branding and how it wasn't catchy enough or noteworthy for some readers, so I also took note of that.

Now, I'm in the process of slowly changing my blog branding, so here is my game plan.

First and foremost, I am planning to change my blog name and URL. These past few months I kinda regretted using The Savvy Aspirant because no matter how meaningful it supposedly was for me, it wasn't catchy enough for some readers. Hearing it in my head seems awkward as well. I used uncommon words which aren't comprehensible at first glance.

EDIT (03/22/2018): I decided not to change my blog name and URL. Aside from not having enough funds to gamble on another URL change (haha), I realized that what matters most is how I perceive myself to be and that I should not let others dictate how my branding should be since it's who I am. Even though this isn't exactly a catchy blog name, at least I can say that it describes me well. Also, I have already established readership on my blog since I now have posts that drive traffic here, which are about my journey to becoming a lawyer soon, in God's will. So yes, my SEO has been good so far, and I didn't want to go back to square one.

I got to admit that I am terrible at coming up with witty lines. This is a never-ending struggle for me. I really, really need help on this one. I think I have already read every self-help article regarding this, but unfortunately, it wasn't of much use to this un-witty mind of mine, or maybe my creative juices just didn't want to be forced.

In coming up with "The Savvy Aspirant", I spent many hours on it.  I researched every dictionary, thesaurus, self-help article, etymology, language, and the like, with so much pressure as to the uniqueness, originality, and creativity. I know that I loved this blog name when I came up with it because it's what I ended up choosing after a lot of effort.

But then, my big mistake was that I didn't take the time to consult more than one friend about it (that one friend I consulted was my best friend. Haha). I thought that I didn't want to hassle anyone else with it, but yes, in order to come up with a good blog name, it should really have enough feedback after all, so I actually need to consult more people for that no matter what it takes - not just one person, but I guess more than two persons would suffice. The more the merrier, as long as they're the ones I could trust. You, readers, are also welcome to comment on it (I really hope you do. Hihi).

I am looking for a blog name that would define me and at the same time, it should be creative and witty. I want to keep it short and simple. I would also like to include my nickname Nice if it fits well. I have thought of using my name altogether, but then, I didn't want any of my future clients or bashers to track me easily since this is a personal blog after all and I might unwittingly express things that could be frowned upon by some people in relation to some ethical concerns or whatnot. Another part of me thought that it would be okay I guess since not everyone knows my nickname because I am usually called as Van in real life (at least, by my friends and acquaintances who knew me from college to the present - it's a long story how it ended up like that, sort of). These are just some simple criteria but my head would ache every time I think about it. It's just so hard, considering that I also want it to be my blog name forever, and I want it to be something that I won't regret.

But then, if you think that The Savvy Aspirant is actually alright, please to give me some assurance. I am open to your suggestions on this one. Thank you so much.

Moving on, I am also planning to change my layout a bit. I have seen a lot of blogs who used grid style in presenting their posts, and I thought that I want it on mine as well. I saw how space-saving the style is for blogs because it would show a lot of posts in one glance. I figured that this would be good for the readers, especially to those who are curious as to what kind of blog they're at so they can have a bird's-eye view without pressing "Older posts" too much.

Another part of my game plan is to post regularly. This goes not only for my blog but also on my social media pages. Well, this is supposed to be a no-brainer for all of us bloggers, but this is easier said than done, especially for some who have to prioritize other things in life. As you can see, I am now doing my best to post at least once a month so that my blog wouldn't be idle for a long time. I guess this is a good start.

As you can see, I already made changes on my main menu to showcase my major blog categories and also at the bottom of my page to show the minor ones. I like how I made it look more organized, so I'm already happy with this one.

I also plan to make things clear as to who my target market should be. I realized that I have only been rambling about some stuff without having in mind who my readers are. But don't get me wrong though, everyone is welcome to read my blog, it's just that I need to define my niche better. Some suggested that I could make this a blog about Law, considering that I'm a law student, but since I also have a life outside Law School, I decided to just stick within the bounds of the lifestyle niche that I seemingly imposed on my blog, but I'm also going to write about Law, too. After all, I enjoy writing anecdotes like those of the Thought Catalog and Elite Daily.

So yes, I think that's it for now. Wishing myself luck in this endeavor, and hoping that this is a change that I will never, ever regret this time.

My target month for these changes will be next month, which is March, right after our final exams. I hope you'll be looking forward to that as well because I am. Haha.

Till here :*

5 comments

  1. para sa akin mas maganda ang maiksi lang kasi madaling matandaan..pero nasa iyo ang desisyon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on revamping your blog! :) I know how difficult and frustrating this process is so I wish you all the best and I hope you find the perfect blogging formula and schedule for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

What can you say? :)